google-site-verification: google73fd06521940cdfe.html Noneillah: Interview with Montclair New Jersey Hottest Hip-Hop/ Rapper Sean Cos Mason

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Interview with Montclair New Jersey Hottest Hip-Hop/ Rapper Sean Cos Mason

Interview with Montclair New Jersey Hottest Hip-Hop/ Rapper Sean Cos Mason




1. When and why did you start playing?
I started playing professionally at the age of thirteen because of the passion and love for music.

2. Which instruments do you play?
I do not play any instruments.

3. What was the first tune(s) you learned?
The first tune I’ve learned was how to develop my pitch tune that goes up or down and start to recognize intervals. I learned to acknowledge time signature, like the pulse of theme, how the beats or grouped. I learn to focus on phrases and list to tunes by chunking or breaking them into smaller phrases.

4. Is your family musical?
I have musical talent people on my parental and maternal side of the family

5. Describe your family member's musical interests and abilities.
On my father side, my uncles were part of the Coleman brothers and my mother side I have a cousin name Yolanda who is well known overseas in China. She also performs in the USA. Both sides of my mother and father side of family musical interest were R&B.

6. Which famous musicians do you admire? Why?
The famous musicians I admire are Michael Jackson because he is, gifted, creative and a prolific writer. I admire, Miss Eliot, because of her unique performance, style and musically gifted. I admire Eminem because his rap lyrical storytelling is off the change. I admire Nelly, Meek Mill, and Ace Hood because of their crafty lyrical wordplay. I admire Bust Rhyme because of his fast-lyrical flow that makes you engulfed in his music. I admire Sade because of laid back personality, and her music speaks to the soul.

7. Which famous musicians have you learned from?
I’ve learned from Bust Rhyme, Big Krit, Das Efx, Eminem and Michael Jackson.

8. Who was your first teacher? Other teachers?
My first teacher was Viscous. She was my Preschool Teacher.

9. Describe your first instrument. Other instruments.
The first instrument I played was the Flute. I used to play the flute when I was in chorus at Mount Hebron Middle School in Montclair, NJ.

10. What are your fondest musical memories? At your house? In your neighborhood or town?
My fondest musical memories were when I used to dance with my mother and aunt while they were playing club music. The other fondest musical memories were when my mother was taken up a Musician Appreciate class in college, and she used to play all genera.

11. Did old records & tapes influence you? Which ones?
Yes, Old records and tapes had influenced me like Barry White, Prince, Michael Jackson, Club music and Classical music.

12. Who are your favorite musicians? Groups? CDs?
My favorite musician's groups were Taken Five, Boyz 2 Men, New Edition, Temptation, Jackson Five, Jagged Edge, Sister with Voices, Escape, B2K, Bone-Thugs, and Harmony.

13. Have you been to competitions? Fleadh's? Any prizes?
I have been in Rap Battles competitions, but there were no prizes given out to any winner.

14. Do you perform in public? Describe those occasions? Concerts, radio, TV?
Yes, I have performed in serval venues and radio station; like Real Deal Radio and to name a few. Every public place I performed at were a great experience especially when I hear people engaging with me as they sing along to my music. The experiences were awarding and heartfelt.

15. Do you play for dances? Step-dancers? Describe the differences.
No, I never have for dances or step dancers.

16. How do you handle mistakes during a performance?
When I make mistakes during my performances, I practice and learn from and make sure not to repeat the same mistakes. I believe if no one makes mistakes, how are they able to learn to become perfection.  Everyone must make a mistake to learn from it so they can become a better artist and performer.

17. Do you get nervous before a performance or a competition?
Yes, get nervous before each performance.

18. What advice would you give to beginners who are nervous?
The advice I would give to beginners who are nervous is to chew gum before performing, take breathing exercises, use a stress ball and a quick meditation.

19. Do you attend sessions? What makes a good session?
Yes, I do attend sessions. A good session for me is when I’ve accomplished my music task at hands. Also knowing that I’ve worked so hard to make a hit song for my fan listen to the enjoyment. Another good session is when you are learning by ear and learning to learn by listening.

20. How often and for how long do you practice?
I practice six days a week for at least five hours.

21. What do you practice - exercises, new tunes, hard tunes, etc.?
I practice new tunes to match my lyrical flow, word usage when writing my songs and voice exercises to perfect my songs.

22. Do you teach music?
No, I do not teach music.

22. How do you balance your music with other obligations - mate, children, job?

I balance my music with my other obligation by scheduling and proper usage of my time.  




Photo by Sammiya

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Noneillah

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/noneillah/?hl=en

Twitter: https://twitter.com/smnoneillah?lang=en

Twitter: https://twitter.com/noneillah_?lang=en




No comments:

Post a Comment